We had an amazing time at the Fifty Shades First Screening on Friday. We only saw the cast when they were on the Today Show and entering and exiting the theatre. But it was amazing. We met so many people from the internet that we all spoke to for years. Of course we were all tired and a bit shell shocked that it was finally here and even more so after such and amazing film. I think 95% of you will love it. The other 5%, well some people are just never pleased.
We did get the opportunity to watch the film again Friday night in a more relaxed environment.
Here are some #OfficialFifty Shots from Friday morning.
Spoiler Free Review:
After watching the first time my first thought was, WOW! In a good way.
Now I realize the movie was, more…
More funny lines, more hot sex and more changes from the book than I expected.
It seems like when they took Ana’s inner goddess out of the script, they replaced it with a funny Anastasia Steele. Not that Ana isn’t funny, but they really amped her up and Dakota Johnson did a brilliant job of that. Ana broke the tension in the story with her well placed comedy. I found myself laughing more than I do at your typical Romcom.
More sex, not to worry, there is plenty of sex and it’s out there, no hiding it. But, it’s also tastefully done. Though I feel for Dakota, I don’t even want to watch all that sex with my parents.
More changes. I was surprised how many changes there were from the book to the film. Most of the changes were cut or combined scenes, but a few were straight up changed. None of the changes felt wrong, they all seemed to have a purpose and was in line with the books, story and characters.
As for the acting, Jamie did a fabulous job, no surprise there and I liked him more the second time I watched the movie. Dakota though, she blew it out of the water. Probably because we have had less opportunity to see her acting skills, but she was absolutely amazing in this film and really owned the character of Ana.
And yes, Christian Grey did say, “Laters, Baby”