Fifty Shades Darker lingerie by Coco de Mer – capturing the ‘inner goddess’ of Anastasia Steele
A new Fifty Shades Darker lingerie collection has been created by the world’s most exclusive erotic brand – the first official products to be released ahead of the movie’s launch next year. Coco de Mer has worked in conjunction with author E L James to develop the new range which aims to capture the ‘inner goddess’ of the books’ heroine Anastasia Steele.
The new lingerie – which is on sale now – is inspired by student Ana’s growth in sexual confidence as she gradually takes the dominant role in her relationship with billionaire Christian Grey. Coco de Mer managing director Lucy Litwack said: “Fifty Shades Darker documents Anastasia’s growth in self-worth which has a knock-on effect on her relationship with Christian. She is now more in control – it’s as if the roles have been reversed.
The new lingerie has been created to coincide with the release of the new Fifty Shades Darker movie, starring Jamie Dornan and Dakota Johnson, which comes out globally around Valentine’s Day next year. The first movie was the highest grossing adult movie of all-time.
The collection includes:
* Red Room – Bordeaux satin with lace and silver componentry, inspired by the books’ bondage room;
* Escala – all over lace and contrasting satin to outline and frame the body – inspired by Christian’s modern penthouse, Escala;
* Masquerade – black satin with custom embroidery in shades of grey – inspired by the basque in the book;
* Goddess – bold jade green scallop edged lace is paired with black satin – capturing Ana’s inner goddess; * Steele – black satin and fine black mesh give a bold reveal/conceal concept;
* Anastasia – cerise satin with matching lace trim and opaque panelling – symbolising Ana’s daytime sophistication
Fifty Shades Darker has been priced to appeal to a wide fan base – starting at £15 for a G-string and going up to £60 for a robe. It will be available from September through the Coco de Mer boutique and www.coco-de-mer.com as well as ASOS.com, House of Fraser and Hunkemoller in Europe.
* Official collection developed in conjunction with E L James to coincide with the new Fifty Shades Darker movie;
* Stunning pieces inspired by the growth in sexual confidence of the books’ heroine Ana;
* E L James said: “Fifty Shades Darker lingerie really captures Ana’s sexual awakening. It is luxurious, deeply provocative and elegantly erotic.”
* Photography by Rankin
“Ana starts to uncover her underlying sexual desires – becoming more liberated in and out of the bedroom. “Taking inspiration from the Seattle skyline and the pivotal masquerade ball, the collection focuses on empowering women while celebrating femininity and sophistication.”
E L James said: “I took inspiration from Coco de Mer when I was writing the books and visited the boutique in Covent Garden as part of my research.
“Fifty Shades Darker lingerie really captures Ana’s sexual awakening. It is luxurious, deeply provocative and elegantly erotic.”
If you buy something, let us know if you like it.