And now for the summer – will be be dry or rainy?
- Eloise Mumford is promoting her new film, Drones, and I’m sure we’ll hear lots from her. She’s sworn to secrecy about Fifty Shades of Grey and I think we know the answers to her questions, but she’s a fun girl in this interview.
- EL James via Twitter has confirmed that she will not be attending Comic Con this year. I know many were hoping she was and that there would be a Fifty Shades of Grey panel, but it is not to be.
- In a recent interview Lucy Hale confirmed that she did audition for Fifty Shades of Grey and it was awkward. From Dakota Johnson’s interview with Elle regarding the audition process:
That’s good to hear, because even the audition process for Fifty Shades was NC-17. At the beginning, Johnson was just another face and body in the casting slush pile. But then she was asked to perform a monologue from Ingmar Bergman’s Persona, a 1966 Swedish film, in which the character admits to cheating on her doctor fiancé in a ménage à quatre with another woman and two teenage boys on a beach, an incident that ended in an abortion. The passage includes such choice phrases as “sperm shooting inside of me” and “I came over and over.” Persona is not a popcorn movie.
- A fake Jamie Dornan account instagramed a picture of Jamie from an old photo shoot. Many media outlets ran with it being from Fifty Shades of Grey. It’s actually an old photo.
- Rita Ora is EVERYWHERE, now she’s creating a new makeup line with Rimmel
- The Tracking Board reports that Universal is looking for a screenwriter for Fifty Shades Darker.
- Congratulations to Jamie Dornan for making the 2014 POPSUGAR 100! It’s not a BAFTA, but the name is more fun sounding.
- We’ve all heard that HBO considered taking on Fifty Shades of Grey, but this week it was revealed that Starz also made a play to do a series on Fifty Shades of Grey. Initially I wanted a series for the series, but now, I’m ready for the movie. Like, overly ready for the movie.
- Variety reports that Dakota Johnson will be staring in “Forever, Interrupted,” a book to movie adaptation being produced by Universal.
- EL James tweeted that the trailer will be released on July 24th!
- World and Film has a great article about why Sam Taylor Johnson is a great choice for Fifty Shades of Grey.
- Dylan Neal did an interview with CTV News Vancouver about his series Cedar Cove and spoke a bit about Fifty Shades of Grey. In the interview he says he signed a 3 picture deal for Fifty Shades of Grey.
- If you’re going to be at Comic Con, stop by the Vintage Books & Anchor Books booth for a “We Aim To Please Miss Steele. – Christian Grey” pin
- Sam Taylor Johnson will be photographing Chanel’s home, sounds like an interesting gig and I can’t wait to see this place!
- Time online had an interesting article about the different edit of Crazy In Love for the Fifty Shades of Grey Trailer.
- Dakota Johnson is in the August edition of Vogue. I might already have a copy.
- Mags and I at the Today Show
- Sign up for Fandango Updates and a chance to win tickets to the Fifty Shades of Grey Premier.
- Victor Rasuk did an interview with Variety about his role as Jose. I LOVE how excited he is about the role!
- You can now watch the trailer in slow motion, and let me tell you, it’s worth it!
- Cosmo has a fun article where they do facial analysis of Christian and Ana in Fifty Shades of Grey.
- Lovehoney is hosting a competition for European Residents, just complete their survey.