Here is the media’s Fifty Shades of Grey news. As always, we will write a full post of the bigger or more interesting news stories.
- In stories I’m afraid of, we have an article about Lindsay Lohan NOT being Anastasia. WTF and who actually thought this was a good idea. There aren’t too many people I’m against, but she’s a hard limit!
- There’s a new Kink for dummies book, except it’s called Kisses to Kink. So if Fifty Shades got you curious, this might be interesting… I haven’t read this book.
- Yes, we now have Fifty Shades of Grey Greeting cards. Marks & Spencer are now offering Fifty Shades of Grey greeting cards. Perfect for birthdays (mine is June 23, let me know if you need my address), notes to your Fifty friends, or kinky notes to your significant other.
- Kelly Marcel’s (screenwriter for Fifty Shades of Grey) name has been thrown around as a possible screenwriter for The Little Mermaid. If it’s true, she’ll have quite an interesting career with some different types of projects.
- The new name coming up for Anastasia is Glee’s Melissa Benoist. I haven’t watched Glee in a while so don’t know her acting, but I’m not hearing the most positive feedback on her for this role.
- Selena Gomez’s name is reemerging as a possible Anastasia. I’m not sure she’s making the top of the list for many fans though.
- The newest name coming up to play Christian is Val Chmerkovskiy from Dancing With the Stars. I could think of worse choices, and he has actually read at leas part of the book.
- I haven’t seen the press release, but Instyle UK reports that Stephen Amell has said he’s not interested in the part of Christian Grey, the role didn’t speak to him.
- She’s not exactly what I pictured, but Vanessa Lachey has said she loved the series and wouldn’t mind being part of the franchise.
- It seems E L James when to a party at Robert Pattinson’s house, obviously the perfect place to have a private intimate discussion about him playing Christian Grey. That was sarcasm…
- Forbes has a great article on the significance of Sam Taylor-Johnson directing Fifty Shades of Grey The Movie and how it could advance the road for female directors.
- Last week rumors were swirling that Armie Hammer said he wasn’t interested in doing “Mommy Porn.” Well DigitalSpy has come back with his rebutal that he never said such a thing, that the press made it up. Armie, we read what the press writes and we believe YOU.
- Hollywood Life is reporting that the cast for Fifty Shades of Grey will be revealed at Comic Com. E L James has denied this rumor on Twitter. Incase you want to hedge your bets and keep a close eye on Twitter during that period, Comic Con is from July 18 to the 21st.
- Jessie J has said she would record a song for Fifty Shades of Grey The Movie. It’s a bit early for the score of the movie, but I’m sure Team50 is thinking about it.
- Alicia Vikander is the newest name mentioned as an Anastasia contender. I swear, I can’t keep all these girls straight.