Here’s the running tab of Fifty Shades of Grey in the media for March of 2013:
- SPANK will be in New Orleans, Chicago, Upper Darby – PA, Columbus – OH, and Kansas City. Tickets are available via Ticketmaster.
- Matt Bomer has revealed his favorite places in New York City. Ok, it’s not exactly Fifty Shades related, but we’re in NYC so we thought it was cool.
- The Hollywood Reporter is reporting that Smash Pictures is countersuing Universal for their lawsuit, claiming copyright infringement of Fifty Shades of Grey. Smash is claiming that the story is public domain. I’m not lawyer, but I’m thinking that E L James owns her own work.
- Lovehoney has announced the release of the Fifty Shades of Grey Pleasure Collection in the United States for April 8.
- The Hollywood Reporter reports that Anonymous reports that they found a document in a German Studio attaching Emma Watson to the Fifty Shades of Grey film. The studio says the document is outdated, proof that it existed. But there is no indication that this was even a serious document, particularly since the company is linked with Summit Entertainment, not a Universal subsidiary.
- The Hollywood Reporter is reporting a deal was settled between Smash Pictures and Universal in regards to the XXX adaptation. Smash is paying an undisclosed amount and cannot distribute the film anymore.
- Kate Moss has read Fifty Shades of Grey for charity, watch on Youtube.
- The Washington Post reports that Fifty Shades of Grey has been on their bestseller list for 50 weeks. What a lovely number.
- The Escala penthouse has been sold, the owners are not named Grey.
- Random House has sold 70 MILLION copies of the Fifty Shades of Grey series. Operating earnings for Random House increased 76% last year. Random House thanks Fifty Shades of Grey and a few other books for their overall sucess last year.
- Marketwire reports that the Fifty Shades of Grey Official Pleasure Collection is coming to Canada, I know a lot of Canadian’s are pleased with PinkCherry for bring this to them.