Here’s a listing of what’s new in the Fifty Shades of Grey world for May of 2013. I’m going to keep casting news on this post this month to keep my own brain organized. As always, whenever bigger or more interesting news comes out we will feature it with its own post.
- I found a lovely drawing of a woman reading Fifty Shades of Grey, it’s a nice picture with a great setting.
- IB Times is suggesting Minka Kelly for Anastasia? Haven’t seen her act, but the picture with it shows the right look.
- Several media outlets are reporting that although the sale of physical books is down, the rise in the sale of e-books in 2012 is keeping the publishing industry afloat. Of course, Fifty Shades of Grey has a lot to do with that. Thank you E L James!
- The Rugby Observer is advertising a Fifty Shades of Grey Painting exhibit on May 4. I have no idea where Rugby is, but I hope some fans from that area see this.
- Stephen Amell went on Facebook and said he’s not interested in playing Christian Grey. I guess it’s a good thing he finally read the books before too many people started to get attached.
- Fifty Shades of Grey is moving up on the pirated books list in China. With the censorship laws in China you can’t get it legally so it’s being pirated. That’s the kind of pirating I like.
- Ian Somerhalder recently tweeted that he was rehearsing for a film in London. And since E L James lives in London and Miss Marcel was apparently in London… Assumptions have been made that he might be working on Fifty Shades of Grey. I’m doubtful of this. First, there isn’t a director so I don’t think there would be formal auditions at this point, let alone anything that would be called a rehearsal.
- In other news someone pointed out to me that Dana Brunetti was in New York around the same time and Matt Bomer was also in New York at the same time. Coincidence? Probably. I wouldn’t be shocked to hear that a meeting to find out if Matt was interested happened, but I doubt that is the case.
- The newest name to come up for Christian Grey is Hannibal’s Hugh Dancy.
- After Maroon 5’s sexy video, Adam Levine’s name is coming up as a possible Christian Grey. I’m buying this one.
- Zack Snyder, director for Man of Steel, has said that Henry Cavill would be good for Fifty Shades of Grey.