Well I think most of this month’s news will be about Charlie Hunnam and Dakota Johnson.
- It would seem that Twilight author, Stephanie Meyer, also had a thing for Charlie Hunnam. She wanted him to play Carlisle Cullen. Unfortunately for her, and fortunately for us, he doesn’t do vampires.
- Forbes has an interesting article about what the role of Christian Grey will do for Charlie Hunnam’s career. Not to be left out, there is also an article about Dakota Johnson.
- It seems that Melanie Griffith is happy about her daughter being cast as Ana. Digital Spy has an article about her tweeting, “My beautiful child Dakota has been chosen to play Anna Steele in 50 Shades!!! Look out world! Here she comes!!!
- Wetpaint is saying the first trailer could be released in early 2014, possibly with the Super Bowl. Aren’t we getting a bit ahead of ourselves? Maybe not. Trailer releases 6-9 months out is not uncommon nowadays, but I don’t know if the Super Bowl is the right crowd to release for.
- Rumors have started that Victoria Beckham may design clothing for Christian and Ana. Question is, is it for the movie or for public sale inspired by the books? But I wouldn’t be surprised to see another strong British woman singed on with Fifty Shades of Grey. It seems Victoria is not denying this information – DigitalSpy.
- EL James denied the rumor that Robert Pattison was her first choice on Twitter.
- Production Weekly tweeted that filming will start on November 5 in Vancouver. Conveniently that isn’t too far from Seattle and Portland if they want to do a few scenes on location.
- If you would like to show your support for Charlie Hunnam you can put in your vote with Change.Org. As opposed to the Anti-Charlie/Pro-Matt Bomer petition (notice there is no link).
- Rumors persist that Robert Pattinson wanted a role in Fifty Shades of Grey. I gave it some thought, I think he would be good as the neighbor that Jack hires so he can get into the building.
- Word from Yahoo in Australia is that the Fifty Shades of Grey Lingerie line will be available from Target later this month. You luck girls down under!
- An article from Huffington Post about how Charlie almost didn’t take the role of Christian Grey.
- Still not sure about Charlie Hunnam? Well Brad Pitt is a fan… That works for me.
- According to Zimbo, Chloe Bridges is speaking up about auditioning for Fifty Shades of Grey. She says the scene involved talking about sperm. Hmmm, I don’t remember that scene.
- Dan Radcliff was NOT asked to be in Fifty Shades of Grey. Now that I’m over my crush on him I can say, it’s probably for the best.
- The Steamy Post is a website to submit and read steamy sex stories. Need I say more?
- Wetpaint reports that Ian Somerhalder has spoken out about the casting for Fifty Shades of Grey, sort of. He’s said he’s very busy with the Vampire Diaries and, he’s not surprised and he’s grateful for all the support he has received.
- The newest rumor about why Charlie Hunnam has security is because of his non-fans, the angry ones who don’t think he should be Christian Grey. Sadly, I think they are probably the bigger threat to him than the fans.
- Yahoo Movies in the UK has an interesting article about whether the movie could be better than the books. I think the answer to this will depend on how big of a fan you are. The bigger the fan the more you’ll nit pick the details and want your favorite scene in the movie. However, people who disliked the writing or other smaller details, without being haters, I think have the potential to fall in love the story.