Sam Taylor Johnson did an interview for The Times Magazine on August 23. The interview focused on her photo shoot of Coco Chanel’s private rooms in Paris. She did answer a few questions about Fifty Shades of Grey. As expected, there were no great reveals since she’s not allowed to talk about. A few highlights:
- The media campaign has been planned with military precision. No, not a surprise, we just need to get the plans for the military operation.
- She handles pressure well, or at least she doesn’t show it and get all crazy.
- She did have some stiff competition with for directing the film, including Steven Soderbergh.
- Does she aim to please fans or a new audience? hopefully both
- Will she direct future films? She was vague. I don’t think she even knows and if she does, I’m sure she signed an NDA about it.
- She shut down on the question as to whether her husband, Aaron Taylor Johnson will be in the film, after saying no. Hmm, conflicting reports. Reaffirms my thought that any role he may have taken was small.
Other topics in the interview involved her relationship with Aaron, being a cancer survivor and a bit about how she was raised. It was said, and I suspect that she’s become more private in the past few years. But the interview does give some insight into her and her personality.